Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Where did the time go?

The month of August flew and we are already back in Paris, beginning a new year. Fall is in the air already, and we just have pictures and memories of very special times with our families and friends. It felt like a whirlwind, filled with .......
....days at the lake....





........and ON the lake......




Birthdays.......
















Surprise, Lyle!

................How did Nathan get to be 31?

















....and Anna get to be 2 already?

Christa and I had ours a day apart.......and I celebrated by playing "Rock Band".......






and there was the baptism of Amanda......




and an attempted "photoshoot" with 4 little granddaughters......

We did the things we can't really do in Paris.....like golfing, grilling, and picnics, sleepovers with granddaughters, breakfasts, lunches and dinners with our kids and Midwest friends. Is it a wonder we both gained a few pounds back?


The weeks flew by.....Lyle left forLisbon for a meeting, and I left for Florida to visit my mom who is undergoing cancer treatment in her jaw. It was a bittersweet ending to a memorable month, but I was glad to have the opportunity to be there for her second surgery and post-op recovery time. We are all hopeful that this will be conquered, as she continues treatment closer to my sister Wendy.









Yes, it was quite a month. As I flew back to Paris from Miami, a few tears were shed when I thought about the real cost of this "adventure" we are on. We will miss them all, but also happy that the world has gotten a "little" smaller with non-stop flights, emails, and free internet phone calls and webcam. The sun rises and sets on this small world .... and they are not just beautiful here in Paris, but in Minnesota and Florida too.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

It looks like the time was spent well. It was great to have you home. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving already!!

We tried to skype you again this morning. We'll have to try again tomorrow.