
BON JOUR!
We are about to embark on a new adventure in our lives. If you would have told me five years ago that I would be going to live in Paris, I would have said, "in your dreams". Well, I am not dreaming; it is really happening. So we are going to try new things in the coming year or two and this is the first - writing a blog. The posts will probably be short and sweet with some pictures to share with friends and family who would like to peek in once in awhile.
We have had some wonderful send-offs! First, our kids all put on a wonderful party for our families and some friends. They worked hard and the night was "magnifique" with frantastic food, beautiful French flowers, and good wine. They did all the work....we just relaxed and had fun!
Another party was given in my honor by my staff at school. I teach special education, and have decided that my leave of absence will turn into a retirement. So my team gave me a wonderful bon voyage/retirement party at my friend Kathy's house. It was great to see teachers that I began my career with at my school 19 years ago, in addition to the staff I teach with now. It was very special.
1 comment:
Congratulations Penny on your retirement! How exciting! We are so excited to see all of the pictures and hear all about your travels and your time abroad. Enjoy this time...you both deserve it! Love you both, safe travels to you this weekend. Love, Christa, Steve & Anna
Post a Comment