A few weeks ago, one of the speakers at the "Bloom Where You are Planted" seminar told us how to "blend in" while living here in Paris. She gave us a list of all the top accessories that the French are wearing right now. So I thought I would share some of the list and you can all be right in fashion, wherever you are! These are adapted from "Elle" magazine.....
Maxi scarves - wear them super long wrapped around your neck a few times, plaids too
Low boots - wear with cropped pants, pencil skirts and tights, pleated pants (carrot pants?)
Oversized/multipurpose handbags - in leather with multiple handles, long or short
Violet-colored accessories - mix with dark greens or chocolate, but not black
Silk scarves - great with trench coats, simple sweater and jeans
Tango shoes - wear with skirts and dresses, not pants
High-heeled Derbys - they look like men's shoes with heels, wear with skirts or pants
Chain necklaces - wear layered for a rich excessive look, best with a simple outfit
Metal medallion belts - on top of a twin set, on a cardigan, cocktail dress, or tweed pants
Rain boots - wear with trendy, girly outfits
Crocodile accessories - but only have ONE croc piece (belt, purse, shoes) at a time
Winter sandals - wear with tights in contrasting colors (in Minnesota???)
Wool bonnets - match it with a scarf, but not with wool gloves (why not?)
Printed tights - this only works with a perfect set of "gams" (reminds me of the 70's)
That's it.....now you know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know purple was the big color the year I was married, 1999. I can't believe that I've been married long enough to fashions to come full circle!
Thanks for all the tips. I think I skip the carrot pants.
Post a Comment