Thursday, March 13, 2008

A day of contrasts

Figuring out a washing machine pales in importance compared with at least one event that happened on Monday, March 10th. I found out that evening that we have another granddaughter, born in Minneapolis early that morning. Amanda Jolynn arrived, greeting her almost- 3-year-old sister, Katelyn, and parents Adam and Carrie. That makes FOUR granddaughters, including Lyle's little Anna, and my little Ava. It is times like these that makes living in Europe a very tough thing!



And while that was happening back home, I was watching a protest on the street below, where almost 100 people were chanting something I couldn't understand. Police were everywhere, banners and flags were being waved. It was relatively peaceful, though, and I guess it might just be a regular occurrence here....I couldn't find anything on the news about it. I tried to read one of the banners and I think the word COLERE means "anger". Can anyone translate the sign?







Posted by Picasa

No comments: