The flight from Rome to Paris yesterday was quite pretty. The Alps from the air were very nice - the ski slopes were busy and the villages in the valley were inviting. Will have to get there in the not too distant future. France was fairly green... I was surprised that it was this green on Feb. 2nd. I'm staying at the Le Meridien Etoile (part of the Sheraton chain) in NW Paris this week. It's cooler here than Rome but still decent. Went for a long walk this morning away from the city to the Seine - the IBM office is across the river. Very pretty area. Quiet.
After struggling with these so called coffee's this past week, it was time to solve the problem. I found a Starbuck's within reasonable walking distance..... Ahhh, it tasted good. I haven't quite become accustomed to these European thimble sized coffee's yet. Starbuck's could save me. Another good walk - then made it to the Arch de Triumphe too. Several pretty streets and neighborhoods. I think a few of these Parisian city planners should get jobs in the US. The wide avenues with room for trees and sidewalk cafe's are great. There are central points where the street's spread off at angles creating a natural gathering point... The city layout is really nicely done. So far, the TV in these hotels is a disaster. CNN, CNBC, and the BBC and last week's golf tournament. uffda. I've heard the same stories 20 times. It was 3 days before I had heard that Santana was traded to the Mets.... for 4 prospects. yikes. I finally found a music station.... that's not in French or Italian. Penny leaves in just a few hours and gets here tomorrow. Looking forward to that. This hotel room will be full with 4 large suitcases.
Au Revoir, Lyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you made it safely to Paris! AND, I'm glad you found a Starbucks. Treat yourself to a peppermint mocha, it's like drinking dessert. Oooo yummy! Sounds beautiful where you are, take some pics and post them when you can. Thinking of you...hope Penny arrives safely! Love, Christa
Heavens-to-murgatroy...Dad without a good cup of coffee (scratch that - POT OF COFFEE)?!?
Glad to see you're finding your niche - better mark that one on the map - Tanya won't make it without a good Latte either.
Looking forward to coming to visit already next week! Hope you're getting settled!
Love ya,
Patrick
so happy we have a way to keep up with you. Penny is there now....the adventure begins.
Wow, strolling down Parisian avenues and sipping Starbucks--Lyle, you're on the verge of making me jealous!
It was so great to chat with both of you over skype--and to see the hotel room you will come home for a bit.
Thanks for sending the pictures of the new place--looks charming!
Oh, and Ava dropped something in car and said, "Uff-DA! That's what Grandpa says, right? Uff-da!"
Missing you both! Love, Rach
Post a Comment