Our agent picked us up in her little green car which she maneuvered in wild traffic across about 4 areas (arrondisements) of Paris. She had an agenda to show us 11 apartments that day. I couldn't believe how she could squeeze her way into tiny parking spaces, dart across lanes, and avoid trucks, buses and taxis. I wasn't sure I would make it through the day.
But we did. We saw a mix of centuries-old flats with classic French architecture and 1970's buildings, sometimes built right next to each other on the narrow streets. We were told that apartments can get rented in a flash so we needed to narrow it down to about two, in case our top choice would be rented by the end of the day. Now, these apartments were all about 2 bedrooms (for all of you who just may come and visit), about 1000 square feet. On the market here in Paris, they would go for over $1 million ! We took pictures, took notes, and made our decision. Just like in the show, here are the two - can you guess which one was our first choice? We still haven't heard if we got it....will let you know tomorrow.
Apartment Number 1 was just outside the central area in Neuilly, which all I can compare it to is it is a sort of Edina, near the city, but not in it. It is more residential, lots of trees, and close to La Defense where Lyle works. It was in an old building, but nicely re-done. Here are some pics:
3 comments:
Very fun post Penny! I vote number 2!!! I think you two are city cats at heart.
I agree with Rachel, I vote #2 and I think that's the one you liked better. But I don't think you can go wrong with either...excited to visit you there sometime!
Yes, I'd say #2. Yikes, at those prices, I'd consider commuting from Eagan. Maybe 6 of 1, half-dozen of the other.
This morning at work, someone brought in a box of croissants and I thought of you in paris. Except, they were slightly stale and from cub foods--yeck!
Post a Comment