Last Sunday, Patrick and Tanya decided to see Notre Dame and attend mass. We had already toured this landmark last year when we were here, and decided to check out the American Church in Paris. Attending church every week is important to us and we wanted to continue with that while here in Paris. We wanted to find an active congregation and one that spoke in English. The American Church in Paris is about a 20 minute walk from our apartment so we decided to start with that one. It is an interdenominational church that has been here over 100 years with a beautiful building on the left bank of the Seine. It has three services each Sunday and a free concert every Sunday evening, which would be nice to attend. I guess over 2000 people a day use their facilities for preschool, Bible studies, 12-step groups, aerobic classes, etc. They even have an outreach group doing a Habitat for Humanity project in Macedonia this summer! Anyway, there were about 300 people in the service, which was a simple, traditional service. It looks like a good place to start with and meet some people who speak English!
By the way, some of you have asked me about how to comment on these blogs. If you don't want to bother with signing in, you can post a comment under "anonymous" and just include your name in the post. Or....just send us an email. We welcome and look forward to hearing from all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad you found a place where you feel comfortable, and it sounds like you may be able to meet some other Americans too. Do I see a trip to Macedonia in your future Penny?? :)
ok,this is a test........will my comment get posted. My 4th try today. love reading your blog..love,Merrie jo
yeah I did it..............mj
Penny, you are doing such a great job with this blog!
I'm so glad that you have found a good place to worship. I hope you will find some new friends there.
It was great to talk with you this morning. Sorry it was so short. Perhaps tomorrow we can get the video -tour of the place.
Love to you!
I had some good teaching and good models!
Post a Comment